We would like to invite you to become a member of the WDDO. Your focus on excellence in the canine field is commendable and would be a great asset to our community. The organization is open to all canine disciplines as well as all detection dogs, regardless of the trainer. In fact, we encourage all of our members to expand their canine expertise and pursue a trainer designation. The WDDO offers 4 levels of membership for each level of qualification
- Associate Member – Non-Certified Member Teams, no voting privileges
- Certified Member – Certified Handler Team – all teams who have passed the certification test in the current calendar year.
- Trainer – trainers are expected to have taken teams from an untrained (“green”) status to a certified status in accordance with WDDO standards in one discipline
- Master Trainer – Master trainers are expected to have taken teams from an untrained (“green”) status to a certified status in accordance with WDDO standards in a minimum of 4 disciplines
Members receive the following benefits:
- Affordable certification and re-certification
- Inclusion in Members Directory
- Member Discounts at selected training seminars
- CE credits for IAQA Certification
- Invitation to Annual Conference and Regional Conferences
- WDDO Newsletter (electronic edition soon to be published) with industry news, upcoming events, K9 handling tips, heathcare and much more.
The following membership and certification fees apply for all members unless otherwise noted:
- Individual membership annual fee $200
- Corporate memberships annual fee-1-5 handlers $500/6-10 handlers $1000/11-15 handlers $1500
- Membership fee is waived for individuals actively serving in public service roles for their 1st year with half off membership dues after the 1st year ($100 after the 1st year).
- $25.00 per team certification at Annual or Regional Conference
- $150 per team certification fee plus travel expenses for one off certification.
- For supporters, partners and suppliers of the WDDO who wish to become an active member in the organization we offer Allied Membership.
- All memberships cover up to 2 dogs per handler, each additional dog after the allotted 2 is $50 fee per each additional dog.
Allied Members receive the following benefits:
- Membership directory with listing of all active members
- All mailings sent to members
- Invitation to Attend conferences
- Exclusive exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities at Annual Conference
- Exclusive advertising opportunities
Allied Member Fees
- $200 annual membership fee
- Exhibiting, Sponsorship and Advertising fees separate and in addition.